17 July 2009

Were You Aware of It?


B and I have been taking in the frugal Portland dinner options recently. My favorites are the food carts. For instance: Were you aware that there is a cart that sells exclusively FRIED PIE?


Yes. Whiffies Pie cart (part of a group of carts on SE 12th and Hawthorne in our fair city) is the home of perhaps the most intensely guilt-ridden concotion ever to be called dessert. Delectable pie crust wraps delicious fillings--both sweet and savory. The whole thing is then dropped into the deep-fryer and comes out crispy-chewy-melty amazing. B likes the chocolate creme, while I am more of a berry fan. Haven't made our way to the savory side, but with fillings like BBQ tofu and chicken pot pie, I'm sure it won't be long. Especially with the non-guilty prices of $4 savory and $3 sweet pies. Add a homemade lemonade for $1, and you'll be just like B when you say "Holy shit, this is for fat kids. But so good."
More food cart reviews to come, my friends.

1 comment:

April said...

I loved this! Ben's comment cracked me up.