08 December 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I thought that this would be an appropriate time to begin writing in this blog. Considering everything is changing at a fairly rapid rate.
As of Friday, I have joined the ranks of the unemployed. I never thought that within the first six months of graduating from college, I would be applying for unemployment. So much for the power of the college degree.
Nothing has turned out in the way I thought it would. But perhaps this is a good thing. I've started to think that maybe my goals that I've set for myself are not the goals that I really want. Allowing myself a moment to contemplate, when before I felt swept up in a tide of "first job" and pigeonholed by my resume.
So now we can begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Alise,

May I say that I am waitressing at Olive Garden and my 2 BA's are slowing dieing of neglect...not to mention my college loans are due in January. I feel ya, girl. CLEARLY NOT A FAN.


Big hugs, Krista